Weddings aren’t cheap. On average, they come in at around £20,000 and can go much higher in some cases. So wedding insurance can be one important issue to sort out.
Some insurance covers from up to two years in advance, and with varying levels of cover comes a varying price range. It’s important to work out what the best options for you are, and take a good look through all the wording and exclusions. No matter what the financial cost of your wedding is, chances are that it means more to you personally and emotionally, so it’s important to make sure you have that safety net to support you should something go wrong.
General coverage includes things like;
- Cancellation or rearrangement of the wedding venue, because of illness, accident or bereavement within the main wedding party
- Cancellation or rearrangement due to a supplier’s failure to deliver
- Damage to the wedding attire of the bride, bridesmaid, groom and groomsmen
- Reshoot of the wedding photographs
- Loss or damage to the wedding rings
- Failure to receive or damage to the cake or flowers
- Wedding video
- Wedding cars and transportation
- Important documents
- Personal liability and legal expenses
Some insurance will cover for optional extras you choose to preserve aspects of your wedding that may make it atypical. For example; public liability cover, marquee or tents and ceremonial swords.
Again, it’s really important to check the wording of your policy and go through all the fine print. Most companies won’t cover for the following;
- You change your mind
- You can’t afford to go ahead
- Damage to any wedding attire during cleaning
It’s always a good idea to check comparison sites for the best deals and shop around for discounts, but be really careful when it comes to checking through all of these little details. They can make a huge difference should something go awry.
It usually doesn’t matter whether you’re having a civil ceremony or a church wedding as they often share the same set of risk factors. A lot of insurance policies will cover you regardless of whether you’re staying in the UK or going abroad for your wedding as well.
For more information about holding your wedding in the Lake District at New House Farm, you can contact Hazel on 07841 159 818 or e-mail her at email@example.com.