As soon as we drove into the Vale of Lorton, the location of the stunning New House Farm, we fell in love with how peaceful, beautiful and unspoilt this picturesque area of the Lake District is.
We got even more excited when we saw the Hayloft and started to think about how it could be decorated to our taste and how the day and timings of everything could be just as we wanted.
After meeting with Hazel who showed us around all the rooms, each one absolutely perfect (how could we choose which one we would use?!), I clocked the hot tub set in a great location for taking in the mountains surrounding the property…we just knew this was the dream place to get married.
We didn’t need to look at any other venues, our heart was set on New House Farm. At this point we weren’t actually officially ‘engaged’ we had just talked about getting married! My now husband proposed a week later when he had bought a ring (although the venue and by this time the band too had already been booked)!
Then the fun bit started… Where to start with a totally blank canvas?
We live in Cambridgeshire but my family are from the Lake District so I was very lucky to get recommendations from them for people to use in the local area, all of whom helped make our day perfect.
- Photography – Jason Chambers, Keswick (offers a pre-wedding shoot which was invaluable)
- Wedding Dress – Cambridge Bridal Boutique
- Suits – Greenwoods
- Bridesmaid dresses – Debenhams
- Flowers – Floral Boutique, Cockermouth (delivered to venue on the morning of the wedding and even assisted with attaching the men’s buttonholes!)
- Hair – Headquarters – Keswick (came to venue)
- Makeup – Ailies Beauticians – Keswick (came to venue)
- Catering – Karen Rhodes Catering – hassle free running of the day and amazing food and service
- Glass Hire – Heather
- Wedding Cake – Scale Hill Farm (delivered to the venue on the morning of the wedding)
- Lighting, table & chair hire and carpet – DTL Marquee hire
- J & C lights – Light up Love
- Entertainment – Highly Strung (many guests commented that they felt that they were at a concert & that they had never heard such a great band at a wedding before, the entertainment was so good! After the first dance they started with a swing set before two further upbeat sets which got everyone on the dance floor.
If you are planning to hold your wedding day at New House Farm you absolutely cannot go wrong, Hazel is there to help and advise every step of the way to help make your day as unique and memorable as possible.
Jenny Earl (Married at NHF on 9th May 2015)
For more information about us and what we do, or to arrange a booking, call Hazel on 07841159818. For more inspiration, tips and advice on planning your dream wedding, follow our blog.